Why Join eDOCSNL?
The EMR provides patient record management including access to patient information previously stored and recorded in paper files or another EMR, practice management, billing and scheduling functions. The value of joining eDOCSNL for health providers, over contracting with an EMR vendor independently, is the integration with other provincial information systems for health information such as demographics, medical and drug history, laboratory results and diagnostic imaging. It also includes a direct link from the patient record to MCP to assist with physician billing and HEALTHe NL.
eDOCSNL assists physicians and their staff prepare for the installation of the EMR solution, provides support and educational activities to support mature use of the EMR and manages the relationship with Telus.
Benefits of the EMR
- eDOCSNL will improve clinical support to encourage increased quality and effectiveness of patient care and a provider’s practice.
- Access to more comprehensive patient information improves the quality of care by supporting better decisions about medications, diagnoses and treatments.
- eDOCSNL has integrated the Med Access EMR with the provincial electronic health record, HEALTHe NL, which provides access to key clinical information collected in other systems. HEALTHe NL includes patient medication profiles, lab data, diagnostic imaging, admission, discharge and transfer reports and clinical documents from the Regional Health Authorities. Through eDOCSNL, Med Access has also integrated with MCP, the Client Registry and the Provider Registry.
- eDOCSNL improves access to current patient information and increases communication between health care providers in multiple care settings.
- Med Access mobile app means providers will have secure remote access to patient data anytime and anywhere.
- Communications through EMR between providers and staff are trackable for easy reference.
- Access to a patient’s clinical information available in eDOCSNL will reduce the amount of time spent calling other clinicians for information.
- The Med Access software allows clinicians to track results and data over time, leading to improved clinical decision making.
- Tools developed by eDOCSNL allow advanced chronic disease and panel management and identification of patients who require screening and preventive care.
- Documentation in the EMR contains less errors than in paper records, ensuring valuable information for clinical practice.
- eDOCSNL provides ongoing training and change management support to providers.
- The monthly cost of eDOCSNL is split (70% by the provincial government and 30% by the provider). This structure allows providers to avail of significant additional value by being part of eDOCSNL, and makes eDOCSNL the best choice for an EMR solution in a provider’s practice.
- eDOCSNL is integrated with the province’s MCP system, creating billing efficiencies for providers.
- eDOCSNL manages the relationship with the TELUS Health so providers can focus on patient care, not software or technical issues.
- Using an electronic documentation solution, clinics do not need to store, manage, and retrieve paper records, thus saving space and reducing cost.
- Software customization: the solution is designed to be customizable in many ways to suit individual clinical workflow needs
- Customizable templates: documentation the way the provider requests it, from simple text fields to selectables, editable diagrams to embedded calculators and more.
- Clinical Decision Support triggers: reminders and alerts to suit the needs of the provider’s patient population bring together relevant pieces of information from a patient record in a clinically meaningful way.
- Care plans: allows providers to efficiently order and contribute information to a patient record in a guidelines-consistent way.
- Individualized patient goals: set benchmarks for patient metrics and easily identify when patients are out of target or overdue for testing.
- Reporting dashboards: allows for an overview of the entire patient panel and allows reflection on guidelines-based care.
- eDOCSNL is run on TELUS Health’s Med Access. Med Access is modern EMR software designed specifically for use over the Internet, and is presented via a web browser.
- Med Access provides rigorous data management with back up to professionally managed, redundant data centers so providers do not have to worry about back-ups or disaster recovery.
- Only providers and authorized staff are allowed to view a patient’s profile. All users require a two-factor authentication to access eDOCSNL and Med Access keeps a record of each time a profile is accessed, including when and by whom. Patients are entitled to see a copy of that audit record upon request.
More questions? Click here for the FAQs