eDOCSNL is a provincial electronic medical record (EMR) program for physicians jointly governed by the Newfoundland and Labrador Medical Association, the Department of Health and Community Services, and the Newfoundland and Labrador Centre for Health Information to deliver and manage EMRs in the province.
Powered by TELUS Health, the Med Access solution is a computer-based patient medical record designed for physicians’ practices. Med Access will manage patient information previously stored and recorded in paper files or another EMR. eDOCSNL will add value to Med Access by including demographics, medical and drug history, laboratory results and diagnostic imaging. It will also help to manage a physician’s billing and scheduling activities.
eDOCSNL assists physicians and their staff prepare for the installation, and manages the relationship with the vendor.
The goal is to ensure that eDOCSNL is a sustainable provincial solution developed by physicians, for physicians.
- Newfoundland and Labrador Medical Association
- Department of Health and Community Services
- Newfoundland and Labrador Centre for Health Information
- Regional Health Authorities
- Family Practice Renewal Program
- Memorial University School of Medicine